Laser tattoo removal is one of the fastest, most effective ways to remove unwanted ink. The entire procedure can take anywhere from 5-20 minutes, depending on the size of the tattoo. It’s a popular cosmetic laser procedure that has proved to reveal flawless, ink-free results. One reason why many people prefer this treatment over the creams is that the laser penetrates deeper into the skin than any of the creams can, breaking up the tattoo pigment and flushing it through the body’s lymphatic system. This is why many people tend to see quicker, more effective results.
However, there’s a few things you should do after your laser tattoo removal treatment in order to prevent infection and to make the healing process quick and easy. I’ve outline the most important tips below:
1. Keep it clean. This may seem obvious, but it needs to be said. Clean your treated area with cool water and dab it dry with a towel. You may also put antibiotic ointment on it for the first three days as a precaution for infection. Do not scrub or rub harshly at it with a towel or cloth, as this may irritate your skin.
2. Apply a cool compress. 24 hours after your treatment, you may apply a cool compress to the treated area in order to prevent swelling. Your skin may still feel warm or appear pink, and this can help minimize any discomfort you may have.
3. Avoid aspirin. Don’t take aspirin or any aspirin-type medication, as it can increase any risk of bruising or bleeding in the treated area. If you are experiencing any pain, take Tylenol or a brand similar to Tylenol as a preventative.
4. Don’t pick at the skin. If your skin does become scabbed, do not pick or mess with it. This can cause scarring or you may risk infection. It’s best to just leave it alone to let your body’s natural healing process take over.
5. Avoid hot showers. Because you’ve just experienced laser heat to your skin, taking hot showers, baths, or dips in hot tubs are not recommended for the first few days. You become more susceptible to infection and you’ll see less effective results, so stay away!
6. Avoid sun. For the same reasons, avoid sun on the treated area. Your treatment will become less effective. Apply sunscreen for up to three months on the area after your treatments.
Abide by these precautions and post-care routines for the best, most effective results with your laser tattoo removal treatment. Remember to take the utmost care with your skin, as it’s something you have to live with for the rest of your life–so make sure you take the best care of it.
National Laser Institute is one of the leading medical spas that offers quality laser tattoo removal treatments at a fraction of the retail cost. You’ll experience the best laser tattoo removal treatments with trained, professional laser technicians. National Laser Institute has earned an A+ rating at the BBB and has been in the cosmetic laser industry for years, so they are both knowledgeable and take the best possible care of your skin.
To learn more about laser tattoo removal or National Laser Institute, please call 480.290.7366.